Mary River Reflections







I’m floating along the Mary River in a small canoe. It’s late spring and the warm sun is balm on my back. 
I relax and forget the busy life I’ve been leading back in town. I’m on holidays.

                                                   Photo - Roger and Daphne Saunders









Branches trail across the river’s edge, dripping vines into the water. Tiny wrens break the silence with their twittering. 


The current carries me towards the Homestead shores, so there’s no need to paddle now. Just bask in the sun and enjoy the silence and the beauty as I drift on the current.



Dragonflies glisten, their wings catching the sunlight as they skip across the water weed.



Beside me float images of pine-clad mountains, trees and clouds. They skim along on the river’s surface.  Great billowing grey and white clouds slide beside me. 



My mind drifts to that other world of busy people, chatter, teaching lessons. I enjoy it all – but this peaceful world is a haven.



Gazing back at the reflections of clouds and trees, I wonder if this earthly life is just a reflection. Like one sees in a dim mirror.


If this beauty, this peace, is only a reflection, how wonderful will the real thing be?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We'll call him Jonah

The Silver Lining: Is there any way we can keep it?

June - Time to Celebrate