God Whispers


God Whispers


I love telling stories so I’m planning to tell lots in this blog, initially once a week as the first few are short, then probably once a fortnight. Unless I state clearly, all the stories are true. They vary in length. Some of them may seem more like ‘God Shouts’ than ‘God Whispers’, but there will probably be sceptics to balance this. So all the posts will come under the name God Whispers. They are not in chronological order. I hope you enjoy this.




What are God Whispers? Most people hear them at some time, in differing ways. Some hear them often. They are the various ways God says, “I’m here.” Some mystics live surrounded and infused by obscure whisperings of God.

But, as for the rest of us . . .

On a sunny spring day in my late teens, I gazed at the peach blossom tree glowing pink in full bloom and I KNEW God was. It was a God Whisper.

My atheist philosophy tutor warned us, “If you believe in God, you’re wrong and you’ll fail.” I fought terror. Because I did believe in Him – although I was not quite sure who He was or how to relate to Him.

I argued with my tutor for six months. He won that round and I became an atheist.

Rejoicing loudly in my new-found freedom, I embarked on what became a lonely and empty journey for a few years.

Until God began to whisper again.






Years later on my New Zealand holiday with five friends, we were disappointed to be shrouded in rain and mist for the first several days. As we drove down from the Bay of Islands, grey skies blotted out the scenery on both sides.

Mt Egmont ( Pixabay Images)

“If you want to see Mt Egmont, you’d better pray,” Peter told the rest of us. “It’s just a few miles along, on the right.”
We stared in dismay at the banks of gloomy cloud. Not a chink of blue. And we prayed, without much faith.

Suddenly the clouds parted and the sun burst through, showing a brilliant blue expanse of sky. Then Mt Egmont appeared, snow-capped and glittering white, pointing towards the clear sky. We gasped in delight. It was a God Whisper. There were to be many more of them on that special holiday.

I’m sure you’ve had God Whispers too, regardless of what you believe. Moments when you’ve sensed Something More. I’d love to hear about them.



Comments

  1. Lovely to see this up and running. A great read. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see this up and running. A great read. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. I really appreciate your feedback. I thought I had already replied! Joys of blogs!!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Susan. Thanks for going to the trouble of commenting - I know it is not a simple one-click on this blog. Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turning Point

The Miracle Man

The Silver Lining: Is there any way we can keep it?